Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I Worked Today!

I don't suppose a lot of people get excited over that. But, you see, I work part time in retail. And the economy sucks atm. So that means people aren't shopping, so the stores not making money, so the bosses cut down on hours - which leaves me without work. So I got called this morning when someone couldn't make it, and yay - another 4 hours of work. Most likely the only hours I'll have this whole week.

I enjoy my work. I was surprised by that. Much like my issues with cleaning, I don't usually like anything that qualifies as work. I worked a little when The Cyberchaun (name to be explained later) and I were first married. But when I became pregnant with our first heathen almost 13 years ago, I stopped working. And haven't really worked since. No, we weren't so wealthy that we could afford to live on one salary. We just live in something very close to abject poverty because I believe that in the long run it'll be more important to my children that I was THERE than that they got to have STUFF. So, anyway, when the youngest heathen started Kindergarten, I filled out this one lonely application on a lark. I wasn't actually looking for a job. But lo and behold - I was hired! Hadn't been a member of the workforce in, oh 11 years give or take. Had NEVER worked in retail. But here I am - working retail for about a year and a half now, and I actually really enjoy it - who'd-a-thunk? Not me, that's who.

No comments: