Saturday, May 10, 2008

Welcome to the Insanity!

Okay, so I've been hopelessly addicted to The Pioneer Woman's blog, and now have been inspired, I suppose, to do some blogging myself. To be completely up front, though....I'm not anywhere NEAR as interesting, and neither is my life. I'm nowhere NEAR so good a cook either, or a photographer. And I'm just not that funny. So why bother to blog, you ask? I have NO FREAKIN' IDEA! Mostly because I just love to talk. I tried a blog a couple years ago based on my love of movies (and boy do I spend LOTS of time watching movies!) However, I found that I didn't always want to TALK about the movies. So I only posted sporadically, then sporadically quickly became not at all....... So I gave up on blogging. But Ree recently posted about how/why she started her blog. And I thought, "You know, maybe if I didn't try to limit myself to just one subject. Maybe if I just talked about whatever was on my mind that day, whether it be work, movies, games or one of my three Heathens (Ree has Punks - I have Heathens......I'm pretty sure they're of a similar breed, though......) And here I am talking about Ree (the Pioneer Woman) as if we were best buds. Indeed - she has no freakin' clue who I am! But, ever since the wonderful StumbleUpon tool linked me up to her site (and a scrumptious recipe for the Marlboro Man's Second Favorite Sandwich that my family begs me to make at least twice a month) she has been a major part of MY life. Now, she wouldn't know that because, alas, I am but a lurker, rarely if ever actually posting comments on her site. I know - how weird is it that I love to talk and am obnoxiously vocal in RL, but never really speak up on internet boards? But weird is my life, really.....

So anyway, I decided to give blogging another chance - keeping myself limit-free when it comes to topics. That said, I'll apologize now for the stream-of-consciousness insanity that will henceforth pour from my fingertips. Don't worry if it often makes no sense - it confuses me too.....

For now, it's late. I've spent a day working, delivering goodies to Safety Patrol kiddos at the elementary school (only to have some 6th grade heathens pilfer more than their share.....grrrrr). And then frying in the heat of my A/C-less van (with windows that don't roll down.......in freakin' TEXAS!!!!) Top that off with dealing with an almost 7-year old heathen with a dual ear infection. Needless to say I'm tired, and am heading to bed. But be it known that before I close my eyes and rest I WILL be kicking the husband off the XBox and playing some Oblivion before bed - because nothing brings sweeter dreams than closing another Oblivion Gate.......and then I'll probably read some more Enders Game........

(And in case it wasn't obvious, today's blog was brought to you by the word FREAKIN'!!!!!)

No comments: